Monday, August 10, 2009
Thing 21: Podcasts
The audios of the podcasts that I chose were very clear and downloaded very quickly. Listening to a Dryden Middle school Library Media Specialist talk about his library was like listening to the radio drone on and really didn't hold my interest. The Denver public library had great podcasts for Kids, including complete short books, nursery rhymes and folk & fairy tales. I may go to this site next time my grand kids are over, but I think they would rather be read to. Holding, pointing and looking at the books is a big part of the fun. Hopkinton School read interesting parts of 'Isinglass Teen Read Award' books to hook a listener into wanting to check out the book. They had an easy to use page with pictures of the book covers. I think book report type of podcasts could be beneficial to our high school students and staff, if we could get patrons to go to our school library website, it may spark their interest in reading. Of course, finding time to make the podcasts may be a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment