Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thing 23: Reflection

They say ignorance is bliss, but not so much when it comes to Web 2.0 technology in the year 2009. I wanted to catch up with the 21st century, but privacy issues held me back from entering the internet realm of social networking. This was most challenging, but my attitude has definitely changed since I started this course. Thank you for letting me use my pseudonym, Florajean, it just made me feel more comfortable with this huge endeavor.

I had no idea what was out there on the Web and appreciate the enlightenment through NT 23 Things. The requirements for each Thing were fairly easy to understand and assimilate, and I appreciated the warnings of what to skip and not enter when joining sites.

My least favorite Thing was not really a Thing, it was time. Lots of time devoted to 23 Things. Summertime! If I could have done any of this at my HHS job, it would have made all the difference in the world. Second least favorite Thing would be Twitter, who has the time?

My favorite lessons were Flickr, Flickr mashups, Image generators and Delicious. I do plan on delving a little deeper into these when I have some spare time. YouTube and podcasts are the cutting edge technology to get information out there and people seem to enjoy them, especially if they're clever or funny. Developing and producing a library video might be entertaining and may enhance an orientation about our HHS library, thus sparking some interest.

1 comment:

  1. It's not fair.... How can you be done already? I think I'll send you shopping with my kids so I can work on this :-) Way to go FloraJean!

    ReplyDelete